Incorporation of Companies in Jebel Ali Free Zone
Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is one of the world’s largest and the fastest growing free zones. Established in 1985, JAFZA today is spread over an area of 48 sq. km’s and is home to over 6400 companies, including over 120 of the Fortune Global 500 enterprises, from across the world. JAFZA is challenged to provide competitive incentives and unique opportunities to establish a business in a tax-free environment, full company ownership, exemptions from all commercial levies and repatriation of capital and profits.
Types of companies:
Please note that you can either register a FZE or FZCO or a branch of a foreign / local company.
- FZE is like a sole proprietorship with one individual or company as the sole director/ shareholder. The capital requirement for a FZE is AED 1,000, 000 [approximately USD 272,500]
- FZCO is a partnership firm which requires a minimum of two shareholders [maximum of five shareholders are allowed] and the capital requirement is AED 500,000 [approximately USD 136,500].
- Branch of a foreign/local company registered in the free zone. There is no capital requirement for a branch. The branch may have the same name as the parent company.
Types of License:
- Trading license.
- Industrial license.
- General Trading license.
Deposit of Starting Capital:
Once we submit the required documentation and obtain the initial approval from JAFZA, the company will need to open a bank account in UAE and deposit the required share capital [depending on the type of registration] in the company’s bank account, where it will need to stay until the trade license is issued. Once the trade license is issued, the entire share capital can be withdrawn or used as working capital.
Leasing of the office
It is mandatory for every company registered in the free zone to lease minimum office space within the free zone. In most free zones the number of visas, are directly dependent on the amount of office space leased in the free zone. [Example: 3 visas for an office of 27 square meters]. Kindly note that as of now, JAFZA are doing 100% office occupancy and hence are offering Limit Less facility (office in shell and core condition) which requires all fit outs in order to operate. The minimum space for the limit less facility available at JAFZA is 75 sqm at AED 1900/- per sqm.
The required documents
To proceed with the registration, we would require the following documents of the directors and shareholders:
- Passport copy including visa page [visa page – only for individuals resident in UAE]
- Non-Objection Certificate [only for individuals employed in UAE]
- Certified or original utility bill [within the last 3 months]
- Original bank reference letter [within the last 3 months]
- Educational certificate of the manager [if required duly attested up to the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs]
- 6. Business Plan View our Business Plan Template
Once we receive all the required documentation and the stipulated payment, we will prepare the registration and license applications and submit the same to the Free Zone Authority for approval, it will take approximately 3 – 4 weeks (subject to submission of the lease agreement to the authorities and depositing the share capital in the bank) to complete the entire registration procedure and obtain the trade license from the Free Zone.